21 April 2013

BRING ON THE ACID

I said yesterday how Spurs needed the confidence of LSD users to get passed City today. Whether or not AVB slipped a few blots of acid in their water-bottles at half time is debatable, but all I know for sure is that that confidence and ability were in abundance today.

What a win. I mean what - a - win. When that final whistle blew, I was in a state of shock. What the fuck did I just see? We beat one of the best teams in England IN APRIL. How anti-Spurs, I thought.

The first half was very naff, I'm not gonna lie. We started alright but the goal completely knocked the shit out of us; nobody could believe it. It was a really well worked goal, very little blame attached on the players, but it's still disappointing to concede so early on. Lesbian vampire killer and ex-gooner Samir Nasri should've got his second after some nifty passing. We didn't really pick up our passing after that apart from a few chances  here and there.

What was that? Come on Spurs. This is our season here.

60 minutes in and we really weren't going anywhere. I said that City have one of the best back fours in the Prem. I thought a draw would do, if I'm honest, but it wouldn't come naturally, maybe a fluke goal or a free kick.

Great moment in our season. Cherish it.
Then AVB brought on Holtby, Huddlestone and Defoe, and I was delightfully proven wrong.

The passing improved. We kept possession really well. Players made runs. Chances were coming. Bale gets the ball in the box in acres of space, crosses it with the outside of his foot straight into Deuce's path. He's a big game player, Dempsey, and definitely knows how to score.

Moments later, Holtby picks up the ball on the half way line, dribbles it a bit and puts in a gorgeous through ball into Defoe. Puts it on his right. Buries it. That's the Defoe I loved at the start of the season.

City's heads start to drop and somehow Big Tom 'bursts' into their half, takes his time and delivers a pass that splits up the City defense. Bale, of course, finishes his dinner. He may have the energy of a diabetic American, but there's very few better passers than him.

We've won this match and we've won it well.

Big shout out to the genius, the tactician, the pro that is Andre Villas Boas. He doesn't stop thinking, that bloke, and pondered his Plan B from the minute City scored. He's got sheer balls of steel, and the ability to change the game from his technical area. I'm so happy he's our manager.

Winning this game is vital to our season. Chelsea dropping points again gives us a lifeline that we were
desperate for. This result, I hope, gives the players the belief and the confidence to win our next 5 games, including Chelsea away, who must be a little more frightened at this Spurs team.

I wish I was there, living in that moment. One of the best matches of the season.

It's a celebration

No comments:

Post a Comment