8 April 2013

The Government's response to safe standing

I posted a blog entry, showing the contents of an email I sent to Damian Green MP regarding safe standing at football grounds. Today, I got a reply from the man personally. Below is the contents of that reply.

So the attitude towards safe standing appears to still be rejection from the government. What we all know, though, is that the Bundesliga have a lot of standing terraces, and Mr Green mentions this in his reply.

I'd like to think there will be some discussion about this as standing terraces is VERY IMPORTANT to the game and its history. Probably will take a lot to convince them though. 

I sent another email to Tottenham's MP David Lammy, so hopefully I'll get a reply from him as well.

4 comments:

  1. I contacted Lammy on the issue twice about a year ago, yet to get a reply. Its so obvious it does work safely. These politicians are meant to represent the people, and the people want safe standing yet they continually ignore our wishes, it makes democracy laughable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no other way to force the issue legitimately. Perhaps if a whole stand stood up for 90 minutes, that may make enough of a statement. I trust others have contacted him. He can't ignore us forever!

      Delete
  2. You won't get a reply from David Lammy unless you're one of his constituents. There are stict Parliamentary protocols he has to adhere to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irritating, that. I haven't had a reply from him. What is important is that people with the power to change the rules listen to us.

      Delete